FYUP row: UGC sends reminder to DU on compliance report
The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Monday issued a reminder to Delhi University to submit the compliance report on its direction for the rollback of the contentious four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP).
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Monday issued a reminder to Delhi University to submit the compliance report on its direction for the rollback of the contentious four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP).
The move comes with DU having struck a defiant note as it refuses to implement the UGC directive for conducting admissions under the three-year programme, UGC officials said.
UGC had yesterday directed DU and all its colleges to conduct admission under the three-year programme and not as part of the contentious FYUP implemented by the varsity in the last academic session.
UGC had given DU time till today afternoon to comply with its direction. The university, however, did not send any communication to UGC about abiding by its direction.
The row over the FYUP has taken a new turn with colleges affiliated to Delhi University today deferring admissions to the academic session 2014-15.
After an emergency meeting of the Principals Association of Delhi University, its president SK Garg announced that they had decided to defer the admission process, which was to begin tomorrow, until clear-cut guidelines are issued by the competent authority regarding the matter.
The decision came hours after the expiry of a deadline set by UGC for Delhi University to send its report of compliance with the former`s order that admissions will take place only for the three-year undergraduate programme and not the FYUP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre