Gondwana University faces financial crunch
The Gondwana University authorities have urged the Maharashtra government to take urgent steps for the development of the varsity, which is facing shortage of finances and staff.
Gadchiroli: The Gondwana University authorities have urged the Maharashtra government to take urgent steps for the development of the varsity, which is facing shortage of finances and staff.
University Vice Chancellor Dr Vijay Ainchwar, while talking to reporters here Thursday, expressed his inability to develop the university and expand its work under the present situation.
The varsity campus, formed about two years back, is presently housed in ten acres of land near MIDC area and has been running its administration in the limited infrastructure and resources available with it, an official said on condition of anonymity.
A proposal for acquiring 40 acres of private land adjacent to the present premises of the university is pending with the government for want of funds, varsity officials said.
District Collector Abhishek Krishna said his office cannot do anything in the matter until it gets the funds for the land acquisition purpose from the government.
The university also requires 35 teachers and 26 non-teaching staff to run its five post graduate (PG) courses, an official said.
The varsity was established two years back to provide higher education facilities to the students of this most backward and Naxal-affected area after a prolonged agitation of the people here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...