Good news for students: 300 more MBBS seats from Sept
Aspirants aiming to study medicine in AIIMS-like institutes have reasons to cheer now as 300 more MBBS seats will be available from Sept this year.
New Delhi: Aspirants aiming to study medicine in AIIMS-like institutes have reasons to cheer now as 300 more MBBS seats will be available from September this year.
The bonanza comes in the wake of the government`s decision to make the much-awaited six AIIMS-like institutes in the country operational and start MBBS admissions from September.
Each such institute would be allowed to admit 50 students in the first year and once the infrastructure in these establishments is in place, the induction at the MBBS level would be raised to 100 taking the annually availability of seats to 600, officials said.
The admissions to new institutes will be based on the scores of candidates who appeared for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test 2012, which was taken by almost 80,000 students this year and the result for which is likely to be declared soon. At present, the New Delhi AIIMS selects 77 candidates annually.
These medical centres are coming up in Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhopal.
The decision to start these establishments was taken yesterday after Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad chaired a meeting to review progress on the ground. These institutes are being constructed under `Pradhan Mantri Gramin Swasthya Yojana`.
During the review, it was pointed out that in the new AIIMS-like institutes except for Raipur where only 52 per cent of the infrastructure work has been completed, the rest are nearing 80 per cent completion of physical targets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing