Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) online examinations to be held on February 4, 5, 11 and 12 next year
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examinations is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology.
Delhi: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017) online examinations, which is an all-India entrance test to screen candidates for their comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering, technology, architecture and postgraduate level subjects in science, will be held on February 4, 5, 11 and 12 in 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only).
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is the organising institute for the exam this year and the exact schedule will be given on - www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.
Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE.
The exam is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee).
The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment.
GATE 2017 score will be valid for a period of three years only from the date of announcement of results.
Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE (as per the official website) -
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.