Gujarat, Maharashtra, Odisha join JEE (Main) system
Gujarat, Maharashtra and Odisha have joined the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) system that was introduced from this year for admission to premier technical institutes in the country.
New Delhi: Gujarat, Maharashtra and Odisha have joined the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) system that was introduced from this year for admission to premier technical institutes in the country.
According to a press release issued by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) today, candidates seeking admission to institutes in the states, which previously carried out admissions through their own state-level exams, have been asked to fill in the JEE (Main) 2014 application form online.
It said the detailed information bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility etc along with the process of normalisation of marks will be available on the JEE (Main) website by second week of November, 2014.
The JEE (Main) exam is conducted by the JEE apex board for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes in NITs, IIITs and other centrally funded technical institutes.
This exam also screens the top 1.5 lakh students for appearing in JEE (Advanced) for admission to IITs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users