Haryana Education Dept to issue ID cards in all govt colleges
The Haryana Education Department has decided to issue identity cards to both students and teachers in all government colleges in the state.
Chandigarh: Keen on keeping academic atmosphere in colleges from being vitiated, the Haryana Education Department has decided to issue identity cards to both students and teachers in all government colleges in the state.
"Students and teachers in government colleges will now have to carry their identity cards without which they will not be able to enter the premises," Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said here today.
Wherever these cards have not been made so far, they would now be soon made available for all students and teachers and issued to them subsequently, she said.
"The state government and the Education Department have been constantly taking effective measures to provide better educational environment to students in educational institutes," she said.
Earlier, Bhukkal had announced a scheme to install CCTV cameras in all government colleges of the state.
She further said, action was being taken against such private schools, which did not fulfil the norms required for government recognition.
"In some cases, the schools are run in houses and shops.
These have reduced education to a business and are playing with the future of children," she pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!