Haryana Education Dept to issue ID cards in all govt colleges
The Haryana Education Department has decided to issue identity cards to both students and teachers in all government colleges in the state.
Chandigarh: Keen on keeping academic atmosphere in colleges from being vitiated, the Haryana Education Department has decided to issue identity cards to both students and teachers in all government colleges in the state.
"Students and teachers in government colleges will now have to carry their identity cards without which they will not be able to enter the premises," Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said here today.
Wherever these cards have not been made so far, they would now be soon made available for all students and teachers and issued to them subsequently, she said.
"The state government and the Education Department have been constantly taking effective measures to provide better educational environment to students in educational institutes," she said.
Earlier, Bhukkal had announced a scheme to install CCTV cameras in all government colleges of the state.
She further said, action was being taken against such private schools, which did not fulfil the norms required for government recognition.
"In some cases, the schools are run in houses and shops.
These have reduced education to a business and are playing with the future of children," she pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends