Haryana to have country`s first e-library
The country`s first e-library will be launched in Haryana`s Sirsa district on August 15.
Chandigarh: The country`s first e-library will be launched in Haryana`s Sirsa district on August 15.
A Haryana government spokesman said on Friday that the first e-library will be inaugurated at village Dhani Bharokha in Sirsa on Independence Day.
"On the same day, the work to set up 50 e-libraries will start in 50 villages of the district in which Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendras have been set up," he said.
In the initial phase, a sum of Rs 1 crore would be spent for setting up the e-library under the Backward Regions Grant Fund.
"An agreement has been signed with Life Skill Development Company regarding the arrangement of computers, software, books and magazines," the government spokesman said, adding that the libraries would be housed in buildings of the Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendras in the different villages.
Residents of the villages will get easy access to computers and books through the libraries, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!