Haryana to have country`s first e-library
The country`s first e-library will be launched in Haryana`s Sirsa district on August 15.
Chandigarh: The country`s first e-library will be launched in Haryana`s Sirsa district on August 15.
A Haryana government spokesman said on Friday that the first e-library will be inaugurated at village Dhani Bharokha in Sirsa on Independence Day.
"On the same day, the work to set up 50 e-libraries will start in 50 villages of the district in which Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendras have been set up," he said.
In the initial phase, a sum of Rs 1 crore would be spent for setting up the e-library under the Backward Regions Grant Fund.
"An agreement has been signed with Life Skill Development Company regarding the arrangement of computers, software, books and magazines," the government spokesman said, adding that the libraries would be housed in buildings of the Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendras in the different villages.
Residents of the villages will get easy access to computers and books through the libraries, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC