HRD Ministry announces cash awards for 200 meritorious students
The HRD Ministry has announced a cash award of Rs 1 lakh each to about 200 meritorious students, who have passed Class 12th this year.
New Delhi: The Human Resource and Development (HRD) Ministry has announced a cash award of Rs 1 lakh each to about 200 meritorious students, who have passed Class 12th this year in the government schools affiliated to CBSE.
Union HRD Minister Dr MM Pallam Raju, who approved this here Monday evening, expressed satisfaction over the CBSE Class 12th result.
He said the pass percentage this year is 82.10 percent, which is highest in the last five years.
The students who have studied from classes 9th to 12th and have passed the class 12th exam this year in the government schools affiliated to CBSE and run by the state government will be eligible.
The announcement said out of 200 rewards, 50 each would be for the students from science, commerce, humanity and vocational streams.
The names of awardees will be announced in one month`s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city