IGNOU dishes out meat-processing course
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is offering a year-long distance diploma course in meat processing from its upcoming academic session in July.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is offering a year-long distance diploma course in meat processing from its upcoming academic session in July, said a varsity statement.
The programme has been launched in collaboration with the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
"The aim is to provide knowledge and skills for quality production of meat and its products, to achieve technical proficiency in good slaughter practices, handling meat on scientific lines and to perform testing and quality control of meat and meat products," the statement said.
The mediums of instruction are English and Hindi. It is open for candidates who have passed classes 10 and 12. Those who have cleared the Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU can also apply.
"The fee is Rs 12,000. Students from rural areas and candidates living below poverty line in urban areas can avail 50 percent concession on submission of valid proof," the statement added.
Aspiring students can obtain the form and prospectus from the university`s regional centres for Rs 200.
IGNOU is the world`s largest open university system with a pan-India and international reach with flexible entry qualifications and a wide range of academic programmes at affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites