IGNOU dishes out meat-processing course
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is offering a year-long distance diploma course in meat processing from its upcoming academic session in July.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is offering a year-long distance diploma course in meat processing from its upcoming academic session in July, said a varsity statement.
The programme has been launched in collaboration with the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
"The aim is to provide knowledge and skills for quality production of meat and its products, to achieve technical proficiency in good slaughter practices, handling meat on scientific lines and to perform testing and quality control of meat and meat products," the statement said.
The mediums of instruction are English and Hindi. It is open for candidates who have passed classes 10 and 12. Those who have cleared the Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU can also apply.
"The fee is Rs 12,000. Students from rural areas and candidates living below poverty line in urban areas can avail 50 percent concession on submission of valid proof," the statement added.
Aspiring students can obtain the form and prospectus from the university`s regional centres for Rs 200.
IGNOU is the world`s largest open university system with a pan-India and international reach with flexible entry qualifications and a wide range of academic programmes at affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation