IGNOU extends admission date for January session
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended to Dec 14 the last date for admission to its various programmes for the session beginning January 2013, a varsity statement said Sunday.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended to Dec 14 the last date for admission to its various programmes for the session beginning January 2013, a varsity statement said Sunday.
Earlier, the last date to submit applications at the varsity`s regional centres was Nov 30. However, students could apply for courses till Dec 20 by submitting a late fee of Rs.200 at the centres. The revised dates are Dec 14 without the late fee and Jan 8 with the late fee.
The IGNOU programmes offered only in the January session include Master of Science in Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS), Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM) and PG Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM), among others.
IGNOU has invited applications for Masters of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Arts in Rural Development, MA in Tourism Management, Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), Master of Business Administration in banking and finance, among others.
Established in 1985, IGNOU was set up to provide cost-effective education, especially to the poor. It educates over four million students in India and 36 other countries through 21 schools of studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 3,000 learner support centres and 67 overseas centres.
The university offers about 490 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray