IGNOU extends admission date for January session
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended to Dec 14 the last date for admission to its various programmes for the session beginning January 2013, a varsity statement said Sunday.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended to Dec 14 the last date for admission to its various programmes for the session beginning January 2013, a varsity statement said Sunday.
Earlier, the last date to submit applications at the varsity`s regional centres was Nov 30. However, students could apply for courses till Dec 20 by submitting a late fee of Rs.200 at the centres. The revised dates are Dec 14 without the late fee and Jan 8 with the late fee.
The IGNOU programmes offered only in the January session include Master of Science in Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS), Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM) and PG Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM), among others.
IGNOU has invited applications for Masters of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Arts in Rural Development, MA in Tourism Management, Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), Master of Business Administration in banking and finance, among others.
Established in 1985, IGNOU was set up to provide cost-effective education, especially to the poor. It educates over four million students in India and 36 other countries through 21 schools of studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 3,000 learner support centres and 67 overseas centres.
The university offers about 490 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened