IGNOU extends admission date for January session
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended to Dec 14 the last date for admission to its various programmes for the session beginning January 2013, a varsity statement said Sunday.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended to Dec 14 the last date for admission to its various programmes for the session beginning January 2013, a varsity statement said Sunday.
Earlier, the last date to submit applications at the varsity`s regional centres was Nov 30. However, students could apply for courses till Dec 20 by submitting a late fee of Rs.200 at the centres. The revised dates are Dec 14 without the late fee and Jan 8 with the late fee.
The IGNOU programmes offered only in the January session include Master of Science in Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS), Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM) and PG Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM), among others.
IGNOU has invited applications for Masters of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Arts in Rural Development, MA in Tourism Management, Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), Master of Business Administration in banking and finance, among others.
Established in 1985, IGNOU was set up to provide cost-effective education, especially to the poor. It educates over four million students in India and 36 other countries through 21 schools of studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 3,000 learner support centres and 67 overseas centres.
The university offers about 490 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what