IGNOU offers course on organic farming
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited applications for a course in organic farming, a statement from the varsity said on Saturday.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited applications for a course in organic farming, a statement from the varsity said on Saturday.
The `Certificate in Organic Farming` has been designed in collaboration with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) and will start from the varsity`s upcoming session.
"The certificate programme aims at imparting knowledge and proficiency in organic production practices, certification process and marketing of organically raised agricultural produces and promoting self-employment and income generation," the statement said.
The minimum duration of the certificate programme is six months. However, the candidate will have the flexibility of completing it within two years` time.
According to the university, the candidates applying for the course must have passed class 12 or should have a bachelor preparatory degree from IGNOU.
Offered in Hindi and English, the fee for the course is Rs.4,000.
IGNOU is the world`s largest open university system with a pan-India and international reach with flexible entry qualifications and a wide range of academic programmes at affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly