IGNOU scholarships for poor students
The Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) will soon announce scholarships for children from economically backward families, vice chancellor M. Aslam said Sunday.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) will soon announce scholarships for children from economically backward families, vice chancellor M. Aslam said Sunday.
He also said that efforts would be made to make education free for such students if they opt for IGNOU courses.
He was speaking on the occasion of the Republic Day celebration at the IGNOU campus.
A Kendriya Vidyalaya school and a playground for children of IGNOU employees shall be set up so that children in the complex don`t have to go too far for education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened