IGNOU scholarships for poor students
The Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) will soon announce scholarships for children from economically backward families, vice chancellor M. Aslam said Sunday.
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) will soon announce scholarships for children from economically backward families, vice chancellor M. Aslam said Sunday.
He also said that efforts would be made to make education free for such students if they opt for IGNOU courses.
He was speaking on the occasion of the Republic Day celebration at the IGNOU campus.
A Kendriya Vidyalaya school and a playground for children of IGNOU employees shall be set up so that children in the complex don`t have to go too far for education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’