INAT 2013 IUCAA - NCRA Admission Test
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) - National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) Admission Test - INAT 2013.
About the exam: Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) - National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) Admission Test - INAT 2013.
Eligibility: Applications are invited from students, who expect to complete their MSc (physics/ electronics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics) or BE/ BTech/ ME/ MTech degree (any branch) by August 2014. In addition, talented final year BSc, first year MSc (physics/ electronics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics) and second/ third year BE/ BTech (any branch) students may also apply to be pre-selected for research scholarship (to do PhD) at either of the following institutes: IUCAA, Pune, for Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Physics, NCRA TIFR, Pune, for Astronomy and Astrophysics.
Students who have already completed the above degrees can also apply. Selection to research scholarship is through a written test and interviews. INAT selection is in addition to the selection through the usual JEST 2012, for IUCAA and NCRA.
Written Test: The test will be of two hours duration. The question paper will contain three sections, (Section A in Basic Mathematics, and Basic Physics; Section B in Advanced Physics; and Section C in Electronics) and each section will contain 15 objective type questions, with multiple answers. Candidates are expected to answer about 30 questions. For a right answer, there will be +3 (plus three) marks, and for a wrong answer, there will be -1 (minus one) mark. MSc/ BSc (physics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics) candidates are encouraged to attempt Sections A and B, and MSc/ BSc (electronics) and BE/ BTech/ ME/ MTech. Candidates are encouraged to attempt sections A and C. However, candidates may also attempt all questions. Based on their written test performance, a limited number of candidates will be invited for interviews. Final selection is based on the scores in written test and interviews. Candidates selected by either IUCAA or NCRA are expected to join in August 2014, after satisfactory completion of their qualifying examination.
Selection: Candidates will be selected through a written test and two interviews both to be held in Pune.
How to apply: Apply online
Other details: The Administrative Officer (Core Programmes), Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune University Campus, Post Bag 4, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007, Maharashtra, Phone: (020) 25604100 / 25691414
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt