INAT 2013 IUCAA - NCRA Admission Test
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) - National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) Admission Test - INAT 2013.
About the exam: Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) - National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) Admission Test - INAT 2013.
Eligibility: Applications are invited from students, who expect to complete their MSc (physics/ electronics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics) or BE/ BTech/ ME/ MTech degree (any branch) by August 2014. In addition, talented final year BSc, first year MSc (physics/ electronics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics) and second/ third year BE/ BTech (any branch) students may also apply to be pre-selected for research scholarship (to do PhD) at either of the following institutes: IUCAA, Pune, for Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Physics, NCRA TIFR, Pune, for Astronomy and Astrophysics.
Students who have already completed the above degrees can also apply. Selection to research scholarship is through a written test and interviews. INAT selection is in addition to the selection through the usual JEST 2012, for IUCAA and NCRA.
Written Test: The test will be of two hours duration. The question paper will contain three sections, (Section A in Basic Mathematics, and Basic Physics; Section B in Advanced Physics; and Section C in Electronics) and each section will contain 15 objective type questions, with multiple answers. Candidates are expected to answer about 30 questions. For a right answer, there will be +3 (plus three) marks, and for a wrong answer, there will be -1 (minus one) mark. MSc/ BSc (physics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics) candidates are encouraged to attempt Sections A and B, and MSc/ BSc (electronics) and BE/ BTech/ ME/ MTech. Candidates are encouraged to attempt sections A and C. However, candidates may also attempt all questions. Based on their written test performance, a limited number of candidates will be invited for interviews. Final selection is based on the scores in written test and interviews. Candidates selected by either IUCAA or NCRA are expected to join in August 2014, after satisfactory completion of their qualifying examination.
Selection: Candidates will be selected through a written test and two interviews both to be held in Pune.
How to apply: Apply online
Other details: The Administrative Officer (Core Programmes), Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune University Campus, Post Bag 4, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007, Maharashtra, Phone: (020) 25604100 / 25691414
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30