Interesting HR Facts
Did you know that the best colour to wear when going for an interview is blue? Colour psychologists believe that blue indicates that you are trustworthy, and it also tends to be most people’s favourite colour. Grey is also a safe colour as it gives an element of formality, and trustworthiness too.
What is the best colour to wear for an interview?
Did you know that the best colour to wear when going for an interview is blue? Colour psychologists believe that blue indicates that you are trustworthy, and it also tends to be most people’s favourite colour. Grey is also a safe colour as it gives an element of formality, and trustworthiness too. Black is regarded as authoritative, and brown and dark green are both ok, but you can be seen as a bit “alternative” if you wear a suit in that colour. It all depends upon the culture and the environment that you are looking to work in.
What is the best colour to wear for a disciplinary?
Research has shown that wearing green is the best colour for a disciplinary, as the colour is supposed to have a calming effect on the situation and the people! The worst colour to wear is red, as the colour is very linked to our emotions, and can subliminally affect the people concerned.
What is the best time of day to have an interview?
The best time of day to be interviewed, is at the beginning or the end of the day. Interviewers will always remember the first and last people they interviewed, and if you are scheduled for around lunchtime, you will have to work extra hard to keep the interviewer’s attention on you!
How long do I have to make a good first impression at interview?
According to research, most interviewers will have made up their mind on your suitability for a job within 3 minutes of you walking through the door! Bear in mind, that by this time, you would have time only for the personal greetings. Possibly you would have been asked your first question. This just shows how important it is to create a good first impression. In advance of the interview, make sure you rehearse your greeting and small talk , think about displaying open and friendly body language, practice a firm handshake and remember to smile. No-one wants to hire a grump!
When is the best time of day to ask for a pay rise?
The best time of day to ask your boss for a pay rise is first thing in the morning. Always avoid times when they are hungry or about to leave the office, as you will never grab their attention for very long! The same advice can be extended for asking your boss about anything from holiday requests to a discussion about future promotion in the firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok