Minority welfare scholarship
Government of India offers merit-cum-means based scholarships in various field including engineering & technology (BTech/ BE/ MTech), cement technology, fashion technology, management, pharmacy, architecture and town planning.
Government of India offers merit-cum-means based scholarships in the field of engineering & technology (BTech/ BE/ MTech), cement technology, fashion technology (National Institute of Fashion Technology), management, pharmacy, architecture and town planning (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), hotel management and catering technology (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), applied arts and crafts (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), MCA, design (degree from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad), medical and para medical courses, veterinary sciences and animal husbandry, chartered accountancy/ cost and work accountancy/ company secretary and law. The scholarship is open for Indian students only.
Number of award(s): Every year 20,000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country.
Duration of award(s): The course fee will be paid by the state department directly to the institute concerned. Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/ or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognised institution. Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account. Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
How to apply: Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the secretary of the, department of the concerned state government/ union territory administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses.
Deadline: In case of fresh scholarships for the year 2013-14 students can apply online upto midnight of 30.9.2013 and in case of renewal of scholarships students can apply online up to midnight of 31.12.2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery