Minority welfare scholarship
Government of India offers merit-cum-means based scholarships in various field including engineering & technology (BTech/ BE/ MTech), cement technology, fashion technology, management, pharmacy, architecture and town planning.
Government of India offers merit-cum-means based scholarships in the field of engineering & technology (BTech/ BE/ MTech), cement technology, fashion technology (National Institute of Fashion Technology), management, pharmacy, architecture and town planning (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), hotel management and catering technology (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), applied arts and crafts (under graduate and post graduate level courses only), MCA, design (degree from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad), medical and para medical courses, veterinary sciences and animal husbandry, chartered accountancy/ cost and work accountancy/ company secretary and law. The scholarship is open for Indian students only.
Number of award(s): Every year 20,000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country.
Duration of award(s): The course fee will be paid by the state department directly to the institute concerned. Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/ or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognised institution. Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account. Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
How to apply: Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the secretary of the, department of the concerned state government/ union territory administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses.
Deadline: In case of fresh scholarships for the year 2013-14 students can apply online upto midnight of 30.9.2013 and in case of renewal of scholarships students can apply online up to midnight of 31.12.2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days