More women enrol for CAT 2013
The overall registration for the Common Admission Test has declined, but the number of women applicants has increased over two years, an official said.
New Delhi: The overall registration for the Common Admission Test (CAT) has declined, but the number of women applicants has increased over two years, an official said on Thursday.
"The rise in number of candidates with two or more years of work experience - registering for CAT- has also increased from 13 percent in 2012 to 16 percent this year," CAT convenor Rohit Kapoor said.
"Candidates with little or no work experience have declined to 66 percent from 68 percent in 2012," he added.
This year the 13 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have added 115 seats for B-School admissions, for a total of 3,335 seats across all IIMs.
Students with technology and engineering backgrounds have increased by six percent and comprise 70 percent of candidates.
Economics, management and science students make up the remaining 23 percent.
Maharashtra has the highest number of CAT registrations, followed by Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
"In 2012, Prometric and the IIMs delivered 191,642 CAT exams. This year we expect similar participation as seen by the registration numbers," said Soumitra Roy, general manager of test development and test delivery solutions provider Prometric India.
CAT 2013 will be conducted over 20 days from October 16 to November 11.
Candidates take the CAT examination for entering IIMs and several other management institutes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case