MP HC issues notices to 13 IIMs on discrepancies in CAT 2013
The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the Central government and as many as 13 IIMs over alleged discrepancies in evaluation of scores in the Common Admission Test (2013).
Indore: The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the Central government and as many as 13 IIMs over alleged discrepancies in evaluation of scores in the Common Admission Test (2013).
The notices were issued yesterday by a division bench of Chief Justice A M Khanvilkar and Justice J K Maheshwari on a petition filed by two aggrieved candidates.
The bench also issued notices to the IIM Indore`s CAT committee chairman and to the agency "Pro-Metric Testing" which is associated with conducting the entrance examination.
"Any steps taken by the respondents with regard to the subject matter will be subject to the outcome of the writ petition," the bench said.
The petition was filed by Rutviz Vaze (22) and Vikram Singh (22) challenging the CAT result declared on January 14, alleging discrepancies in the valuation system.
"The court directed the respondents to file their respective replies on the issue before the next date of hearing on March 7," petitioner`s counsel Mohan Sharma told PTI.
Sharma said the petitioners were not satisfied with the CAT`s evaluation system and have drawn the high court`s attention to the issue of discrepancies and also to the flaws in normalisation and scaling process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says