MP HC issues notices to 13 IIMs on discrepancies in CAT 2013
The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the Central government and as many as 13 IIMs over alleged discrepancies in evaluation of scores in the Common Admission Test (2013).
Indore: The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the Central government and as many as 13 IIMs over alleged discrepancies in evaluation of scores in the Common Admission Test (2013).
The notices were issued yesterday by a division bench of Chief Justice A M Khanvilkar and Justice J K Maheshwari on a petition filed by two aggrieved candidates.
The bench also issued notices to the IIM Indore`s CAT committee chairman and to the agency "Pro-Metric Testing" which is associated with conducting the entrance examination.
"Any steps taken by the respondents with regard to the subject matter will be subject to the outcome of the writ petition," the bench said.
The petition was filed by Rutviz Vaze (22) and Vikram Singh (22) challenging the CAT result declared on January 14, alleging discrepancies in the valuation system.
"The court directed the respondents to file their respective replies on the issue before the next date of hearing on March 7," petitioner`s counsel Mohan Sharma told PTI.
Sharma said the petitioners were not satisfied with the CAT`s evaluation system and have drawn the high court`s attention to the issue of discrepancies and also to the flaws in normalisation and scaling process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Three brothers, including two juveniles, gang-rape minor girl
- Next RBI chief faces balancing act on bank clean-up
- SIT arrests Ex-BSEB secretary for 'involvement' in Intermediate toppers scam
- Wimbledon is Roger Federer's best chance but Novak Djokovic is the man to beat: Boris Becker
- Would-be suicide bombers target mosque in Nigeria