Najeeb Jung relinquishes the post of Jamia VC
The newly sworn-in Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung on Friday relinquished the charge as Vice Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia with the university`s Pro-VC S M Sajid taking over his duties.
New Delhi: The newly sworn-in Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung on Friday relinquished the charge as Vice Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia with the university`s Pro-VC S M Sajid taking over his duties.
Consequent upon assumption of the charge of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi by Jung, Professor S M Sajid, Pro-Vice-Chancellor shall discharge the duties of the Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia, a statement by the university said.
Sajid has been designated as Officiating Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia with immediate effect, it said.
Jung, who was sworn in as Delhi`s 19th Lieutenant-Governor on July 9, served as the Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia for as long as 46 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'