NEET exam in Karnataka postponed to May 18
In view of the Assembly Elections in Karnataka on May 5, the CBSE has postponed the first NEET for admission to MBBS courses to May 18 in the state.
New Delhi: In view of the Assembly Elections in Karnataka on May 5, the CBSE on Wednesday postponed the first National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS courses to May 18 in the state.
The NEET for under-graduate medical courses was to be held on May 5, as per the announcement made by CBSE in September last, which clashed with date of polls in Karnataka.
"To avoid any inconvenience to the candidates and public in Karnataka, it has been decided by the Central Board of Secondary Education with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to postpone the date of conduct of NEET-UG 2013 in Karnataka only to 18th May, 2013 Saturday," said the CBSE order.
The board further clarified that the examination in all other states/UTs and abroad will be conducted on May 5 itself as per the existing schedule.
The CBSE was conducting the common NEET-UG Exam on behalf of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India for admission to all medical and dental colleges in the country.
This is the first-ever common entrance test for MBBS and BDS courses where over 10 lakh candidates are likely to appear from across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt