NEET exam in Karnataka postponed to May 18
In view of the Assembly Elections in Karnataka on May 5, the CBSE has postponed the first NEET for admission to MBBS courses to May 18 in the state.
New Delhi: In view of the Assembly Elections in Karnataka on May 5, the CBSE on Wednesday postponed the first National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS courses to May 18 in the state.
The NEET for under-graduate medical courses was to be held on May 5, as per the announcement made by CBSE in September last, which clashed with date of polls in Karnataka.
"To avoid any inconvenience to the candidates and public in Karnataka, it has been decided by the Central Board of Secondary Education with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to postpone the date of conduct of NEET-UG 2013 in Karnataka only to 18th May, 2013 Saturday," said the CBSE order.
The board further clarified that the examination in all other states/UTs and abroad will be conducted on May 5 itself as per the existing schedule.
The CBSE was conducting the common NEET-UG Exam on behalf of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India for admission to all medical and dental colleges in the country.
This is the first-ever common entrance test for MBBS and BDS courses where over 10 lakh candidates are likely to appear from across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!