NEET results declared
The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
New Delhi: The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
In all, 6,58,040 candidates appeared in the test conducted by CBSE at 1251 examination centres located in 85 cities all over India and abroad, said a CBSE statement.
The qualifying criteria for unreserved category was 50 percentile and 1,57,214 candidates qualified in this category out of the total 3,66,317 qualifying candidates.
The results were declared on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
The qualified candidates have to further complete the formalities with the respective counselling authorities, such as, DGHS, medical education directorates of states, AFMC, institutions and universities, for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
The NEET-UG was conducted by CBSE for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges across the country.
This was the first-ever such exam conducted across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway