NEET results declared
The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
New Delhi: The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
In all, 6,58,040 candidates appeared in the test conducted by CBSE at 1251 examination centres located in 85 cities all over India and abroad, said a CBSE statement.
The qualifying criteria for unreserved category was 50 percentile and 1,57,214 candidates qualified in this category out of the total 3,66,317 qualifying candidates.
The results were declared on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
The qualified candidates have to further complete the formalities with the respective counselling authorities, such as, DGHS, medical education directorates of states, AFMC, institutions and universities, for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
The NEET-UG was conducted by CBSE for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges across the country.
This was the first-ever such exam conducted across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?