NEET results declared
The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
New Delhi: The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
In all, 6,58,040 candidates appeared in the test conducted by CBSE at 1251 examination centres located in 85 cities all over India and abroad, said a CBSE statement.
The qualifying criteria for unreserved category was 50 percentile and 1,57,214 candidates qualified in this category out of the total 3,66,317 qualifying candidates.
The results were declared on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
The qualified candidates have to further complete the formalities with the respective counselling authorities, such as, DGHS, medical education directorates of states, AFMC, institutions and universities, for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
The NEET-UG was conducted by CBSE for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges across the country.
This was the first-ever such exam conducted across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS