NEET results declared
The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
New Delhi: The results of the first National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges were declared today with 3,66,317 candidates qualifying.
In all, 6,58,040 candidates appeared in the test conducted by CBSE at 1251 examination centres located in 85 cities all over India and abroad, said a CBSE statement.
The qualifying criteria for unreserved category was 50 percentile and 1,57,214 candidates qualified in this category out of the total 3,66,317 qualifying candidates.
The results were declared on the basis of the qualifying criteria prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
The qualified candidates have to further complete the formalities with the respective counselling authorities, such as, DGHS, medical education directorates of states, AFMC, institutions and universities, for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
The NEET-UG was conducted by CBSE for admission to all under-graduate medical colleges across the country.
This was the first-ever such exam conducted across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan