Notable rise in employment related discrepancies: Report
There has been a notable rise in discrepancy rates across verticals and designations in India, with employment related discrepancy leading at 49.3 per cent, says a report.
New Delhi: There has been a notable rise in discrepancy rates across verticals and designations in India, with employment related discrepancy leading at 49.3 per cent, says a report.
According to a study based on data drawn from employment background verifications and reference checks conducted by First Advantage, in April-June period this year, discrepancies related to employment stood at 49.3 per cent, while for education components it was 3.9 per cent.
"The overall discrepancy in second quarter of 2015 has risen to 12.3 per cent," First Advantage SVP and Managing Director Purushotam Savlani said.
The report said 79 per cent of the discrepant cases are males, while remaining 21 per cent are females.
Moreover, discrepancy rates for employment and address checks are very high in south India whereas discrepancy rates are very high for education checks in north India.
The highest number of discrepancies have been observed in the Associate level employees, and in that too, the age bracket between 22 and 30 years has the biggest chunk of discrepant cases at 44.2 percent. Karnataka leads at 22 per cent in terms of state-wise discrepancies in the second quarter of this year.
Maharashtra closely follows at 20 percent, Andhra Pradesh at 12 percent, followed by Tamil Nadu at 8 percent and New Delhi and Uttar Pradesh at 6 percent each, respectively.
First Advantage is a leading provider of background screening in the world and conducts around 54 million global background checks annually.