Odisha matriculation examination to start from Feb 25
The annual Matriculation Examination in Odisha would begin from February 25, 2014, official sources said.
Bhubaneswar: The annual Matriculation Examination in Odisha would begin from February 25, 2014, official sources said.
The announcement in this regard was made by the school and mass education minister R N Nanda. He said the examination would continue till March 8.
Stating that the state government has decided to introduce grade system in the examination this time instead of the prevailing division system of declaring results, Nanda said officials have been asked to ensure free and smooth conduct of examination.
The Board of Secondary Education (BSE), which conducts the annual matriculation examination, said answer sheets of students will be evaluated on nine point grades like A (91-100 per cent), B (81-90 per cent), C (71-80 per cent), D (61-70 per cent), E (51-60 per cent), F (41-50 per cent), G (31-40 per cent), H (21-30 per cent) and I (11-20 per cent).
The board will introduce a new question pattern this time comprising both subjective and objective type questions for better evaluation of answer sheets.
While 50 per cent of the questions would comprise of multiple-choice questions, the remaining part would be subjective requiring long answers, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list