Odisha matriculation examination to start from Feb 25
The annual Matriculation Examination in Odisha would begin from February 25, 2014, official sources said.
Bhubaneswar: The annual Matriculation Examination in Odisha would begin from February 25, 2014, official sources said.
The announcement in this regard was made by the school and mass education minister R N Nanda. He said the examination would continue till March 8.
Stating that the state government has decided to introduce grade system in the examination this time instead of the prevailing division system of declaring results, Nanda said officials have been asked to ensure free and smooth conduct of examination.
The Board of Secondary Education (BSE), which conducts the annual matriculation examination, said answer sheets of students will be evaluated on nine point grades like A (91-100 per cent), B (81-90 per cent), C (71-80 per cent), D (61-70 per cent), E (51-60 per cent), F (41-50 per cent), G (31-40 per cent), H (21-30 per cent) and I (11-20 per cent).
The board will introduce a new question pattern this time comprising both subjective and objective type questions for better evaluation of answer sheets.
While 50 per cent of the questions would comprise of multiple-choice questions, the remaining part would be subjective requiring long answers, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!