Odisha session at AIIMS Bhubaneswar begins
The much-awaited academic session at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) began.
Bhubaneswar: The much-awaited academic session at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) began here on Friday with 48 students attending the orientation classes on the first day.
"Of the students strength of 50, about 48 have joined today. AIIMS Bhubaneswar is no more a dream for the people of Odisha. It is a reality today," said institute`s director Asok Mohapatra.
While 18 students hail from the state, 16 have joined from other different parts of the country, Mohapatra said, adding that there are 12 girls in the first batch.
Out of the 24 sanctioned faculty members, 20 have already joined the institute, he said.
For the first four days, the students will attend classes on different subjects like law, humanities, spiritualism and others before beginning of the regular classes on medical subjects.
Students will take practical classes at the Capital Hospital here till institute`s own hospital is developed.
They students will be provided accommodation at a private hostel till the hostels are ready, the director said.
"We are hopeful that the construction works will be completed by March 2013," a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player