Odisha to announce class X results without toppers list
Odisha Board of Secondary Education would announce Class X examination results on April 30 but the toppers list would not be made public.
Cuttack: Odisha Board of Secondary Education would announce Class X examination results on April 30 but the toppers list would not be made public.
This was informed by state Board of Secondary Education (BSE) president D P Nanda here today.
Students under the state board wrote the matriculation exam papers between February 25 and March 9. For the first time, the board introduced an answer-cum-question booklet in which there was dedicated space given under each question to write the answers.
"It was mainly for this reason that the evaluation of answers was made easy and hence, we are able to publish the results in record time after completion of the exams on March 9," Nanda said, adding that as per the decision of the state government, the board would not announce the toppers` list this year.
Earlier the Board used to prepare a list of top 100 rank holders in which private school students, particularly from RSS-run Sikhya Vikash Samiti, were finding their names in it and the government-run schools were cutting sorry figures.
The Board`s decision to do away with the top 100 list has has shocked many students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29