Officials appointed for DUSU elections
The Delhi University (DU) announced the names of officials who will be conduct elections for the office-bearers and members of the central council of the DU Students` Union (DUSU) for 2013-14.
New Delhi: The Delhi University (DU) Saturday announced the names of officials who will be conduct elections for the office-bearers and members of the central council of the DU Students` Union (DUSU) for 2013-14.
Ashok Vohra from department of philosophy has been appointed the chief election commissioner while DS Rawat from department of chemistry is the chief returning officer. Deputy Dean of university information centre, Satish Kumar was named the returning officer.
The appointments have been made by DU Vice Chancellor, Dinesh Singh.
The vice-chancellor has also appointed the principals of colleges and heads of institutions affiliated to DUSU as election officers in their respective colleges and institutions, said the statement.
DUSU is the representative body of the students from most colleges and faculties. Apart from this, each college has its own students union to which elections are held every year.
The elections are by direct voting by the students of the university and member colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic