Officials appointed for DUSU elections
The Delhi University (DU) announced the names of officials who will be conduct elections for the office-bearers and members of the central council of the DU Students` Union (DUSU) for 2013-14.
New Delhi: The Delhi University (DU) Saturday announced the names of officials who will be conduct elections for the office-bearers and members of the central council of the DU Students` Union (DUSU) for 2013-14.
Ashok Vohra from department of philosophy has been appointed the chief election commissioner while DS Rawat from department of chemistry is the chief returning officer. Deputy Dean of university information centre, Satish Kumar was named the returning officer.
The appointments have been made by DU Vice Chancellor, Dinesh Singh.
The vice-chancellor has also appointed the principals of colleges and heads of institutions affiliated to DUSU as election officers in their respective colleges and institutions, said the statement.
DUSU is the representative body of the students from most colleges and faculties. Apart from this, each college has its own students union to which elections are held every year.
The elections are by direct voting by the students of the university and member colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country