Officials appointed for DUSU elections
The Delhi University (DU) announced the names of officials who will be conduct elections for the office-bearers and members of the central council of the DU Students` Union (DUSU) for 2013-14.
New Delhi: The Delhi University (DU) Saturday announced the names of officials who will be conduct elections for the office-bearers and members of the central council of the DU Students` Union (DUSU) for 2013-14.
Ashok Vohra from department of philosophy has been appointed the chief election commissioner while DS Rawat from department of chemistry is the chief returning officer. Deputy Dean of university information centre, Satish Kumar was named the returning officer.
The appointments have been made by DU Vice Chancellor, Dinesh Singh.
The vice-chancellor has also appointed the principals of colleges and heads of institutions affiliated to DUSU as election officers in their respective colleges and institutions, said the statement.
DUSU is the representative body of the students from most colleges and faculties. Apart from this, each college has its own students union to which elections are held every year.
The elections are by direct voting by the students of the university and member colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey