Open varsity to launch diploma course for domestic helps in Maha
The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has decided to launch a one-year diploma course for domestic helps from July 15.
Mumbai: The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has decided to launch a one-year diploma course for domestic helps from July 15.
"The course will be launched on July 15 at YCMOU centres in Aurangabad, Nashik, Hingoli and Nagpur in first phase," said Shreenivas Belsaray, Head of the Corporate Communications of YCMOU.
The diploma of domestic work will train women in operating modern home equipment and gadgets, taking care of children, housekeeping, personality development, communication skills, basic math, general knowledge and current affairs.
According to Belsaray, some domestic workers` associations have also associated with the university for the course.
The course would empower underprivileged women, help them find better-paying jobs and encourage them to study further, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says