Open varsity to launch diploma course for domestic helps in Maha
The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has decided to launch a one-year diploma course for domestic helps from July 15.
Mumbai: The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has decided to launch a one-year diploma course for domestic helps from July 15.
"The course will be launched on July 15 at YCMOU centres in Aurangabad, Nashik, Hingoli and Nagpur in first phase," said Shreenivas Belsaray, Head of the Corporate Communications of YCMOU.
The diploma of domestic work will train women in operating modern home equipment and gadgets, taking care of children, housekeeping, personality development, communication skills, basic math, general knowledge and current affairs.
According to Belsaray, some domestic workers` associations have also associated with the university for the course.
The course would empower underprivileged women, help them find better-paying jobs and encourage them to study further, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook