Open varsity to launch diploma course for domestic helps in Maha
The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has decided to launch a one-year diploma course for domestic helps from July 15.
Mumbai: The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has decided to launch a one-year diploma course for domestic helps from July 15.
"The course will be launched on July 15 at YCMOU centres in Aurangabad, Nashik, Hingoli and Nagpur in first phase," said Shreenivas Belsaray, Head of the Corporate Communications of YCMOU.
The diploma of domestic work will train women in operating modern home equipment and gadgets, taking care of children, housekeeping, personality development, communication skills, basic math, general knowledge and current affairs.
According to Belsaray, some domestic workers` associations have also associated with the university for the course.
The course would empower underprivileged women, help them find better-paying jobs and encourage them to study further, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp