Over two lakh qualify for engineering admission in Andhra
Over two lakh students have qualified for admission into engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
Hyderabad: Over two lakh students have qualified for admission into engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh while nearly 89,000 have become eligible for studying medicine and agriculture.
The results of Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) were declared Wednesday by Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, also the minister for higher and technical education.
The pass percentage in the engineering stream was 72.67 percent and in medicine 80.79 percent.
Out of 276,995 students who appeared in the engineering entrance test, 201,308 students have qualified. In the medicine exam, 88,778 students have qualified for admission to medical and agriculture courses out of 99,983 students who wrote the test on May 10.
Boys outshined the girls by bagging almost all top ranks in both the streams. Students from districts dominated the top ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?