Over two lakh qualify for engineering admission in Andhra
Over two lakh students have qualified for admission into engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
Hyderabad: Over two lakh students have qualified for admission into engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh while nearly 89,000 have become eligible for studying medicine and agriculture.
The results of Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) were declared Wednesday by Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, also the minister for higher and technical education.
The pass percentage in the engineering stream was 72.67 percent and in medicine 80.79 percent.
Out of 276,995 students who appeared in the engineering entrance test, 201,308 students have qualified. In the medicine exam, 88,778 students have qualified for admission to medical and agriculture courses out of 99,983 students who wrote the test on May 10.
Boys outshined the girls by bagging almost all top ranks in both the streams. Students from districts dominated the top ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss