Pre-placement offers register jump at IITs
IITs have registered an increase in pre-placement offers this year. say reports.
New Delhi: IITs have registered an increase in pre-placement offers this year, say reports.
As per a report in the Times of India, pre-placement offers (PPOs) at the Indian Institutes of Technology have gone up by nearly 50% which is great news for engineering students.
It may be remembered that final placements will happen only in December.
According to the daily, IIT Madras had registered 35 PPOs by September last year – this year the figure stands at some 50.
IIT Bombay, on the other hand, has received 123 PPOs, compared to 110 registered in the whole of last year. IIT Kanpur has registered 90 PPOs, while IIT Kharagpur has received 142 such offers till now this year.
"The highest compensation is being given by Facebook so far," overall placement coordinator Divya Pratap Singh of IIT Kanpur was quoted as saying by the daily.
Also, as per reports, highest salary packages have touched between Rs 1 crore to Rs 1.5 crore per annum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion