Respond to plea to disclose key answers of JEE Main exam: HC to CBSE
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was Monday directed by the Delhi High Court to respond to a plea seeking a direction to disclose the "key answers" at the time of declaring the result of JEE (Mains) Examination.
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was Monday directed by the Delhi High Court to respond to a plea seeking a direction to disclose the "key answers" at the time of declaring the result of JEE (Mains) Examination.
Justice G S Sistani issued a notice to CBSE and sought its reply by May 22 on a plea filed by one Kartik Narendra Jain alleging flaws in JEE (Mains) Examination and questioned CBSE`s policy of nondisclosure of the "key answers".
Jain, in his plea filed through counsel Aritra Das Rashi Bansal, said "there is no mechanism for re-evaluation and further that there is no policy of disclosing the key answers on which the answers of the students are evaluated at the time of disclosing the results."
CBSE through its Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducts online entrance examinations (JEE mains) for various engineering (except for IITs), technology, architecture and planning institutions affiliated under it.
The petition also describes "certain questions in the physics and mathematics section as being vague, subjective and capable of having more than one correct answer(s) and with no correct choice for a student to pick while answering a multiple choice objective type question."
Citing a Supreme Court ruling over the issue, the petitioner said the system of conducting competitive examinations should be transparent and CBSE should upload the key answers while disclosing the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’