Son tops CBSE 12th exam as father takes on Naxals in Chhattisgarh
As his father takes on the Naxals in Chhattisgarh, Sopan Khosla has scored his own victory here.
Raipur: As his father takes on the Naxals in Chhattisgarh, Sopan Khosla has scored his own victory here.
Son of a senior paramilitary official undertaking anti-Naxal operations in the state, Khosla has topped the CBSE class 12th exams in the science stream with 99 per cent marks.
Sopan, whose father is Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Commandant Sandeep Khosla, has secured hundred per cent marks in four subjects namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science in the central board results this year. He scored 95 per cent in English.
In total, Sopan secured 495 out of total 500 marks.
Sopan`s father is leading a battalion of 1,000 men undertaking anti-Naxal operations in the Rajnandgaon district of the state and he rarely gets to meet him. Sandeep Khosla commands the 29th battalion of the paramilitary that is based in this district.
"I was not expecting this result. I expected 97 or so but this result has really excited me," Sopan said.
He, however, misses the presence of his father.
"I get to meet him only once in three-four months when he comes home. Throughout his career, he has been posted in difficult areas like Jammu and Kashmir and those affected by Naxal violence. He was very excited when I told him about the result. I miss my father`s presence and guidance at times," he said.
Sopan is a student of Delhi Public School (DPS) in Jabalpur, a city in neighbouring Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth