Tamil Nadu Governor tells varsities to focus on knowledge creation
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah stressed on the importance of knowledge creation and making universities research-oriented and asked Vice-Chancellors to take steps in this regard.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah on Thursday stressed on the importance of knowledge creation and making universities research-oriented and asked Vice-Chancellors to take steps in this regard.
"Knowledge is the prime mover of prosperity and power. Knowledge creation and making universities research oriented should be your `Taraka Mantra` (intention)," he said at a conference of Vice-Chancellors of various universities here.
Converting the abundant human capital into an intellectual capital was the need of the hour, he said, appealing to the university heads to focus their efforts on these lines. He also asked them to inculcate human values and discipline among students.
Recalling Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s lines, Rosaiah said the real identity of India should reach the world.
"Making the youth productive, talented, developing entrepreneur skills and research-oriented education should be the prime agenda of the higher education institutions and universities," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh