Tamil Nadu Governor tells varsities to focus on knowledge creation
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah stressed on the importance of knowledge creation and making universities research-oriented and asked Vice-Chancellors to take steps in this regard.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah on Thursday stressed on the importance of knowledge creation and making universities research-oriented and asked Vice-Chancellors to take steps in this regard.
"Knowledge is the prime mover of prosperity and power. Knowledge creation and making universities research oriented should be your `Taraka Mantra` (intention)," he said at a conference of Vice-Chancellors of various universities here.
Converting the abundant human capital into an intellectual capital was the need of the hour, he said, appealing to the university heads to focus their efforts on these lines. He also asked them to inculcate human values and discipline among students.
Recalling Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s lines, Rosaiah said the real identity of India should reach the world.
"Making the youth productive, talented, developing entrepreneur skills and research-oriented education should be the prime agenda of the higher education institutions and universities," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!