Tripura University to attract Bangladeshi students
Tripura University will launch an initiative to admit more Bangladeshi students to reinforce the government`s plan to strengthen people-to-people ties between the two neighbours, an official said.
Agartala: Tripura University will launch an initiative to admit more Bangladeshi students to reinforce the government`s plan to strengthen people-to-people ties between the two neighbours, an official said on Thursday.
"It was observed over the years that there are huge numbers of students in Bangladesh keen to study in Tripura University. We would now go for a larger initiative to attract more number of Bangladeshi students," a Tripura University official told a news agency.
Currently five Bangladeshi students are studying in Tripura University, a central university, said the official, requesting anonymity.
"As the central and state governments have been emphasising to strengthen the people-to-people contact between the two neighbours, studying of larger number of Bangladeshi students in Tripura University would further boost the initiative," the official said.
"As important cities of Tripura and Bangladesh are in very close proximity and there is easy surface connectivity, the students from the neighbouring country can easily avail the scope to study in Tripura University," the official added.
The university, set up in 1987 and turned into a central university in 2007, has recently been ranked fourth in eastern India and 43rd in India in a survey jointly conducted by private study groups.
The varsity has 15 post-graduate courses in science and 19 courses in arts and commerce. Besides, the university has one-year post-graduate diploma courses in bamboo cultivation and resource utilisation, tribal language and rubber technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad