UGC reschedules exam to recruit education officers
The University Grants Commission (UGC) examination for the recruitment of education officers, which was disrupted at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College last month, has been rescheduled for Sunday, a UGC statement said.
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) examination for the recruitment of education officers, which was disrupted at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College last month, has been rescheduled for Sunday, a UGC statement said.
"The UGC will reconduct the examination for recruitment of education officers at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College July 14," a statement from the UGC, which is responsible for maintaining standards of university education in India, said Saturday.
The recruitment exam could not be conducted at the Kirori Mal College as scheduled on June 30 after some students, who had "mistakenly" noted down the wrong venue and insisted that they be allowed to appear for the exam, created a ruckus at the exam centre.
UGC`s National Eligibility Test (NET) exam was also to be held afresh for the same reason.
"Kirori Mal College was the only centre for the Delhi region for this (recruitment) exam. As disruption occurred relating to the UGC-NET exam, we had to reconduct the exam," the statement added.
However, there has been no word from the UGC on the new date for NET exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth