UGC reschedules exam to recruit education officers
The University Grants Commission (UGC) examination for the recruitment of education officers, which was disrupted at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College last month, has been rescheduled for Sunday, a UGC statement said.
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) examination for the recruitment of education officers, which was disrupted at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College last month, has been rescheduled for Sunday, a UGC statement said.
"The UGC will reconduct the examination for recruitment of education officers at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College July 14," a statement from the UGC, which is responsible for maintaining standards of university education in India, said Saturday.
The recruitment exam could not be conducted at the Kirori Mal College as scheduled on June 30 after some students, who had "mistakenly" noted down the wrong venue and insisted that they be allowed to appear for the exam, created a ruckus at the exam centre.
UGC`s National Eligibility Test (NET) exam was also to be held afresh for the same reason.
"Kirori Mal College was the only centre for the Delhi region for this (recruitment) exam. As disruption occurred relating to the UGC-NET exam, we had to reconduct the exam," the statement added.
However, there has been no word from the UGC on the new date for NET exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?