UGC reschedules exam to recruit education officers
The University Grants Commission (UGC) examination for the recruitment of education officers, which was disrupted at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College last month, has been rescheduled for Sunday, a UGC statement said.
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) examination for the recruitment of education officers, which was disrupted at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College last month, has been rescheduled for Sunday, a UGC statement said.
"The UGC will reconduct the examination for recruitment of education officers at Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College July 14," a statement from the UGC, which is responsible for maintaining standards of university education in India, said Saturday.
The recruitment exam could not be conducted at the Kirori Mal College as scheduled on June 30 after some students, who had "mistakenly" noted down the wrong venue and insisted that they be allowed to appear for the exam, created a ruckus at the exam centre.
UGC`s National Eligibility Test (NET) exam was also to be held afresh for the same reason.
"Kirori Mal College was the only centre for the Delhi region for this (recruitment) exam. As disruption occurred relating to the UGC-NET exam, we had to reconduct the exam," the statement added.
However, there has been no word from the UGC on the new date for NET exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH