UPPSC scraps its controversial reservation policy
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is understood to have scrapped its controversial reservation policy.
Allahabad: The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is understood to have scrapped its controversial reservation policy whereby caste-based quotas were introduced in competitive examinations at the preliminary stage itself, informed sources said on Friday night.
They said a public announcement in this regard is likely to be made on Saturday.
The decision comes in the wake of violent agitations by students of the general category and a petition in the Allahabad High Court on which judgement was reserved on July 22 even as the court disapproved of a hasty change in the policy, which has been termed by critics as "illegal".
Significantly, concerned over the controversy, the state government had yesterday removed the Commission`s secretary Anil Kumar and summoned its chairman Anil Yadav along with member Gurdarshan Singh, who is said to have authored the new policy, to explain their stand on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read