UPSC Mains Exam 2015: Checklist for candidates
The UPSC exams are held every year for recruitment in various government departments. The exam is divided into three parts: preliminary, mains and interview.
New Delhi: Candidates who qualify in Civil Services Prelims require to fill DAF, or Detailed Application Form, for Civil Services Mains examination. This is a task that should be done with great care because any mistake in DAF may result in rejection of the candidate. The fees to be paid is Rs200. SC/ST and female candidates are not required to pay the fee.
Important checklist for candidates appearing for UPSC Mains Exam 2015:
1. DAF, or Detailed Application Form, should be send to the UPSC in original.
2. Pages of DAF should be printed back to back.
3. Sign the DAF in all pages and on the space mentioned by UPSC.
4. Affix a passport size photograph of yours, similar to the photograph displayed in DAF.
5. Affix a central recruitment stamp worth Rs200 in the space mentioned. Get it cancelled using the post-office seal which should clearly mark the date and post office name.
6. Attach all necessary certificates mentioned by UPSC along with the DAF. For general candidates the certificates needed include Class 10th mark-list to prove DOB and Degree-Certificate to prove your eligibility.
7. The certificates attached should be attested – either by a gazetted officer or self attested with date.
8. Superscribe on the top of envelope -“Application for Civil Service (Main) Exam 2013”.
9. Candidates appearing in the examination should bring with him/her to the exam hall extra copies of photograph similar to the one affixed on the application form.
10. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination should produce the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination alongwith their application for the Main exam failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the exam hall and their candidature will be cancelled.