UPSC releases sample paper on `ethics` for civil services
"What do you understand by spirit of service and commitment?" Civil services aspirants will face such questions that will test their attitude to issues like probity in public life in the paper on `ethics, integrity and aptitude`.
New Delhi: "What do you understand by spirit of service and commitment?" Civil services aspirants will face questions like this that will test their attitude to issues like probity in public life and problem solving approach in the paper on `ethics, integrity and aptitude`, introduced in the Mains examination from this year.
A sample paper has now been put up on the UPSC website --www.Upsc.Gov.In--to give a fair idea to the candidates for the examination.
It has questions like --"What do you understand by `Ethical Human Conduct`?" and "What do you understand by intellectual integrity, empathy, perseverance, spirit of service and commitment?"
There will also be case studies in the paper to check one`s problem solving skills on situations involving instances of harassment, cheating and corruption at work places among others.
While making public the sample paper, the UPSC has told candidates that range and depth of questions that would be asked may differ.
In order to overhaul civil service examinations, a new pattern giving more emphasis on assessing general studies and aptitude skills of aspirants was notified in March this year.
A separate paper on "ethics, integrity and aptitude", carrying 250 marks, was for the first time introduced from this year civil service (Mains) examinations.
The paper will include questions to test the candidate`s attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society, the notification has said.
The Civil Service exams is conducted in three stages--Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India