UPSC releases sample paper on `ethics` for civil services
"What do you understand by spirit of service and commitment?" Civil services aspirants will face such questions that will test their attitude to issues like probity in public life in the paper on `ethics, integrity and aptitude`.
New Delhi: "What do you understand by spirit of service and commitment?" Civil services aspirants will face questions like this that will test their attitude to issues like probity in public life and problem solving approach in the paper on `ethics, integrity and aptitude`, introduced in the Mains examination from this year.
A sample paper has now been put up on the UPSC website --www.Upsc.Gov.In--to give a fair idea to the candidates for the examination.
It has questions like --"What do you understand by `Ethical Human Conduct`?" and "What do you understand by intellectual integrity, empathy, perseverance, spirit of service and commitment?"
There will also be case studies in the paper to check one`s problem solving skills on situations involving instances of harassment, cheating and corruption at work places among others.
While making public the sample paper, the UPSC has told candidates that range and depth of questions that would be asked may differ.
In order to overhaul civil service examinations, a new pattern giving more emphasis on assessing general studies and aptitude skills of aspirants was notified in March this year.
A separate paper on "ethics, integrity and aptitude", carrying 250 marks, was for the first time introduced from this year civil service (Mains) examinations.
The paper will include questions to test the candidate`s attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society, the notification has said.
The Civil Service exams is conducted in three stages--Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly