Visually impaired girl tops MP board exams
Beating all odds, a visually impaired girl, Shrishti Tiwari, from Damoh town has topped the Madhya Pradesh Higher Secondary examination in Arts stream.
Bhopal: Beating all odds, a visually impaired girl, Shrishti Tiwari, from Damoh town has topped the Madhya Pradesh Higher Secondary examination in Arts stream.
The results were declared two days back by the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
For Shrishti, a student of JBP Government Higher Secondary School in Damoh, the achievement is special not only academically but also because of the fact that she is visually impaired since birth.
She scored 481 out of 500 marks to emerge as the topper in Arts stream.
Shrishti`s grandparents and uncle helped her a lot in mastering the subjects, her family said.
While her parents stay in Bhopal because of job compulsions, Shrishti`s maternal uncle Sanjay Gangele prepared notes for her.
Her maternal grandparents Virendra and Pushpa Gangele read out the notes to her, they said.
In High School examination also, Srishti had secured a place for herself in the merit list in 2011, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days