Hart sacked as Portsmouth manager
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 13:08
  
London: Paul Hart became the first Premier League managerial casualty of the season when he was sacked by bottom club Portsmouth.

"The board feels the team should have accrued more points to date and that we need a new man in charge to ensure Premier League survival," chief executive Peter Storrie told the club's website.

Hart was offered the role of technical director, developing players from the ages of 18-21, but declined it.

The club said they would announce a replacement "very quickly and until that time the players will be led by first-team coaches Paul Groves and Ian Woan".

Last month former Chelsea manager Avram Grant was appointed director of football, shortly after Saudi Arabian businessman Ali al Faraj's takeover of the club.

Israeli Grant has yet to receive his work permit but is rated the favourite to take over from Hart.

Bureau Report


First Published: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 13:08


comments powered by Disqus