189 nominations for fifth phase LS polls in West Bengal
Kolkata: Altogether 189 nominations for the fifth and final phase of Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal on May 12 were found valid after scrutiny, Election Commission sources said here on Friday.
The 17 Lok Sabha constituencies going to the polls in the fifth phase were Behrampore, Krishnagar, Ranaghat, Bongaon, Barrackpore, Dum Dum, Barasat, Basirhat, Jaynagar, Mathurapur, Diamond Harbour, Jadavpur, Kolkata (South), Kolkata (North), Tamluk, Contai and Ghatal.
"After the scrutiny of nominations in this phase, 18 candidates remained in fray from Kolkata (North) and 16 from Diamond Harbour," the OSD in CEO`s office, Amit Roy Chowdhury said.
"Fifteen candidates remained in fray from Kolkata (South), followed by 13 each from Barasat and Jadavpur, 12 from Barrackpore, 11 from Bongaon, ten each from Jaynagar, Mathurapur, Tamluk and Ghatal, nine each from Krishnagar, Ranaghat, Dum Dum and Basirhat, eight from Baharampore and seven from Contai," Roy Chowdhury added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India