2 nominations rejected, one candidate withdraws in 2 J&K seats
Srinagar: Two nominations were rejected today while another candidate withdrew from the contest for two Lok Sabha constituencies in Jammu and Kashmir which are going to polls on May 7.
Now 24 candidates are left in the fray for Baramulla and Ladakh constituencies.
Election authorities rejected the nomination papers of Ulfat Sabba Ahmad while Mohammad Abbas withdrew from the fray in Baramulla Lok Sabha constituency during scrutiny today, an official spokesman said.
He said 16 candidates are now left in the fray for the Lok Sabha seat going to polls on May 7.
In Ladakh Lok Sabha seat, all the nine nominations were found in order but Chering Dorjay`s papers were rejected during the scrutiny. Eight candidates are now left in the fray.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!