2014 Election Results: Google greets India with an inked finger mark doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
New Delhi: Even as the world`s largest democracy braced for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls` verdict on Friday, May 16, Google in its usual way has paid tribute to the country with an inked finger mark doodle on its India homepage.
With almost all exit polls predicting a clear win for the BJP-led NDA, celebrations in BJP have started early.
On the other hand, the polls have predicted 103 seats for the UPA, with Congress projected to secure only 79 seats.
As the counting of votes begins at 8 am for the nine-phase Lok Sabha polls, the first trends will emerge by 8:15 am, and a definitive indication will start coming by 9:30 am.
Narendra Modi, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate will not be in Delhi on the day of counting and will watch the results from his home state of Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what