2014 elections: Sushma Swaraj files her nomination from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau
Vidisha: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj filed her nomination papers for the upcoming General Elections from Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh on Friday.
Swaraj was accompanied by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and several state unit leaders of her party when she filed her nomination papers.
Ahead of filing nomination, Sushma also performed a yajna in the presence of BJP workers and office bearers.
The fireband BJP leader stepped into the shoes of stalwart LK Advani in 2009 after he vacated the post of the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
The Congress has pitted AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh`s brother Lakshman Singh against the BJP MP.
Digvijay last month said Swaraj would be a much better Prime Minister than Narendra Modi, the official nominee of BJP for the top post.
“I say that Sushma would be a much better Prime Minister than Modi due to a number of reasons,” Singh had told reporters.
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, is believed to have PM ambitions and had even opposed the appointment of Narendra Modi as party`s prime ministerial candidate last year. If the BJP-led NDA fails to get the magical figures in the upcoming elections, Sushma has a big chance to be named as the PM candidate who is acceptable to parties that are opposed to Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement