2014 elections: Sushma Swaraj files her nomination from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau
Vidisha: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj filed her nomination papers for the upcoming General Elections from Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh on Friday.
Swaraj was accompanied by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and several state unit leaders of her party when she filed her nomination papers.
Ahead of filing nomination, Sushma also performed a yajna in the presence of BJP workers and office bearers.
The fireband BJP leader stepped into the shoes of stalwart LK Advani in 2009 after he vacated the post of the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
The Congress has pitted AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh`s brother Lakshman Singh against the BJP MP.
Digvijay last month said Swaraj would be a much better Prime Minister than Narendra Modi, the official nominee of BJP for the top post.
“I say that Sushma would be a much better Prime Minister than Modi due to a number of reasons,” Singh had told reporters.
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, is believed to have PM ambitions and had even opposed the appointment of Narendra Modi as party`s prime ministerial candidate last year. If the BJP-led NDA fails to get the magical figures in the upcoming elections, Sushma has a big chance to be named as the PM candidate who is acceptable to parties that are opposed to Modi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India