2014 elections: Sushma Swaraj files her nomination from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau
Vidisha: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj filed her nomination papers for the upcoming General Elections from Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh on Friday.
Swaraj was accompanied by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and several state unit leaders of her party when she filed her nomination papers.
Ahead of filing nomination, Sushma also performed a yajna in the presence of BJP workers and office bearers.
The fireband BJP leader stepped into the shoes of stalwart LK Advani in 2009 after he vacated the post of the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
The Congress has pitted AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh`s brother Lakshman Singh against the BJP MP.
Digvijay last month said Swaraj would be a much better Prime Minister than Narendra Modi, the official nominee of BJP for the top post.
“I say that Sushma would be a much better Prime Minister than Modi due to a number of reasons,” Singh had told reporters.
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, is believed to have PM ambitions and had even opposed the appointment of Narendra Modi as party`s prime ministerial candidate last year. If the BJP-led NDA fails to get the magical figures in the upcoming elections, Sushma has a big chance to be named as the PM candidate who is acceptable to parties that are opposed to Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state