2.6 lakh fake voters in Ghaziabad: VK Singh
Ghaziabad: Alleging that there are 2.6 lakh fake voters in the electors list of Ghaziabad constituency, BJP candidate VK Singh has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission seeking early correction.
"There are several number of fake voters who are of the same name and parentage but they are listed with separate voter ids," Singh told reporters here.
"We have written to the Election Commission hoping that they will take action against it. So far, we have not heard anything from them," he added.
Asked to give the number of such "fake" voters, he said, "it is 2.6 lakh".
Ghaziabad, which constitute of five Assembly seats, has a total of 22.64 lakh voters, according to EC`s website. 12.82 lakhs of them are male and 9.82 lakh female.
Asked if he would hold a particular party responsible for adding such "fake" names in the electors list, Singh said, "I won`t say who did it, but it is a fact."
Singh also alleged that many voters are yet to get their voter`s identity card though they have the receipts of registering their names.
Accusing BSP of disrupting the opening of a party office at Dhaulana area of the constituency, he said a complaint has been lodged with the EC.
Blaming the district administration, he said there was an occasion where he was not allowed to take part in a private function with the local SDM insisting that section 144 of CrPC was imposed in the area.
Singh was speaking to reporters while unveiling his development plan for the area that includes expansion of metro and further improvement of the roads, women security and regularise the unauthorised colonies and provide them all amenities.
Development of Hindon river area and electrification in rural areas also find in his scheme of development plans.
Replying to a question, he said his party president Rajnath Singh, who won the seat in 2009, had chalked out a Rs 650 crore development plan for the area, but could not carry forward as BJP was not in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest