30 candidates in the fray in Puducherry
Puducherry: Decks have been cleared for the poll battle in the lone Lok Sabha seat of Puducherry which goes to polls on April 24 as deadline for withdrawal of nominations ended on Wednesday.
A total of 30 candidates including Congress leader and Union Minister V Narayanasamy are in the fray after three candidates withdrew their nominations today.
While the ruling AINRC has fileded former Speaker R Radhakrishnan, DMK has nominted A M H Nazeem, MLA, AIADMK M V Omalingam and PMK R K Anandaraman.
Secretary of Puducherry unit of CPI R Viswanathan and Aam Aadmi Party`s V Rangarajan is also in the fray.
District Election Officer S B Deepak Kumar told reporters that the three candidates who withdrew their papers had filed nominations as independents.
Puducherry Lok Sabha constituency has a strength of 8.85 lakh voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000