31, including 4 women, from TN to make maiden LS entry
Chennai: As many as 31 victorious candidates, including former union minister Anbumani Ramadoss, in Tamil Nadu will be making their maiden Lok Sabha entry.
AIADMK, which swept the polls winning 37 of the 39 candidates, would account for maximum number of freshers.
PMK leader Anbumani Ramadoss, who won from Dharmapuri under the BJP-led rainbow alliance, would also make his maiden Lok Sabha entry. He had earlier served as a Rajya Sabha member.
J Jayavardhan (South Chennai), S R Vijaya Kumar (Central Chennai), T G Venkatesh Babu (North Chennai), K N Ramachandran (Sriperumbudur), P R Sundaram (Namakkal), R Gopalakrishnan (Madurai), C Gopalakrishnan (Nilgiris) are among AIADMK nominees entering Lok Sabha for the first time.
V Sathyabama (Tirupur), Vasanthi Murugesan (Tenkasi), Maragatham Kumaravel (Kancheepuram), R Vanaroja (Tiruvannamalai) are the four women MPs who would be making their debut in the lower house of Parliament.
Apart from the first time candidates, AIADMK MP Thambidurai would be representing for second consecutive time Karur constituency as also P Kumar in Tiruchirapalli, P Venugopal in Tiruvallur parliamentary constituencies.
Four among the candidates are doctors, while there are also 15 lawyers, some also aere post-graduate candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you