37 candidates for Assam`s second phase of LS polls
Guwahati: A total of 37 candidates are left in fray for the second phase of Lok Sabha elections in Assam`s three constituencies scheduled April 12 after withdrawal of the candidature of one contestant on Saturday.
Independent contestant Babu Bey withdrew his nomination papers for the Autonomous District (SC) constituency on the last date for withdrawal of candidature, an election office release said.
There are 15 contestants in Karimganj (SC), 17 in Silchar and five in Autonomous District (SC) constituency, it said.
Altogether, 51 candidates are in fray for the first phase of polls for five Lok Sabha seats in the state on April 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India