47.58% votes cast in 7 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar
Patna: Polling gained momentum as 47.58 per cent votes were cast in seven parliamentary seats in Bihar till Thursday afternoon.
A maximum 53 per cent voting was recorded in Buxar and Jehanabad Lok Sabha seats each followed by Arrah, Munger and Jehanabad where 47 per cent votes were cast till 4 PM., the office of Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Bihar, said in a statement.
Pataliputra lok sabha seat where the RJD supremo`s daughter Misa Bharti, BJP`s Ramkripal Yadav and JD(U)`s Ranjan Yadav are among prominent candidates recorded 45 per cent polling, it said.
Patna Sahib lok sabha seat, where the incumbent MP Shatrughan Sinha (BJP) is locked in a battle with the Congress contender Kunal Singh Yadav, has recorded 43 per cent polling till 4 pm.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar cast his vote at booth number 192 at the girls high school in Bakhtiyarpur under Patna Sahib parliamentary constituency.
A report from Lakhisarai said some workers of the BJP and JD(U) clashed in a bazar under Suryagraha assembly segment in Munger parliamentary seat.
No one was injured in the scuffle, the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Manoj Kumar Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report