5-tier security blanket thrown for Modi`s visit
Coimbatore: Over 3,000 police personnel would be deployed as part of the five-tier security cover for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is arriving here tomorrow to campaign for the NDA candidates.
Coordinating with unspecified number of police force from Gujarat, local police would totally take control of the two-km stretch in and around the CODISSIA grounds, the venue of Modi`s meeting, with bomb detection and disposal squad and dog squad taking rounds, police sources said.
Vehicle checks have already been intensified since yesterday and vigil has been stepped up in the hyper sensitive and sensitive areas.
Modi is expected to fly in by helicopter at the city airport and travel by road to the venue. More than 1.5 lakh people were expected to attend the meeting, BJP sources said.
He is expected to address the rally here in the evening and likely to stay overnight in the city. He is scheduled to address meetings at Erode, Salem and Krishnagiri the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH