5-tier security blanket thrown for Modi`s visit
Coimbatore: Over 3,000 police personnel would be deployed as part of the five-tier security cover for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is arriving here tomorrow to campaign for the NDA candidates.
Coordinating with unspecified number of police force from Gujarat, local police would totally take control of the two-km stretch in and around the CODISSIA grounds, the venue of Modi`s meeting, with bomb detection and disposal squad and dog squad taking rounds, police sources said.
Vehicle checks have already been intensified since yesterday and vigil has been stepped up in the hyper sensitive and sensitive areas.
Modi is expected to fly in by helicopter at the city airport and travel by road to the venue. More than 1.5 lakh people were expected to attend the meeting, BJP sources said.
He is expected to address the rally here in the evening and likely to stay overnight in the city. He is scheduled to address meetings at Erode, Salem and Krishnagiri the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das