80.05 percent voting in Assam in three phases
Guwahati: A record 80.05 percent voting was recorded in Assam, while the the turnout was 82.2 per cent in the last and final phase of the Lok Sabha elections.
An election office statement said on Friday that voter turnout yesterday was 82.20 percent in six seats in the final phase of polls.
Of the six Lok Sabha seats, Dhubri recorded the highest of 88.49 percent turnout followed by Barpeta 84.45 percent, Mangaldoi 81.45 percent, Kokrajhar 80.94 percent, Nowgong 80.81 percent and Gauhati 78.34 percent, it said.
Voting in Assam was held on April 7, 14 and 24.
The EVMs were kept under tight security for May 16, the date of counting, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000