80.05 percent voting in Assam in three phases
Guwahati: A record 80.05 percent voting was recorded in Assam, while the the turnout was 82.2 per cent in the last and final phase of the Lok Sabha elections.
An election office statement said on Friday that voter turnout yesterday was 82.20 percent in six seats in the final phase of polls.
Of the six Lok Sabha seats, Dhubri recorded the highest of 88.49 percent turnout followed by Barpeta 84.45 percent, Mangaldoi 81.45 percent, Kokrajhar 80.94 percent, Nowgong 80.81 percent and Gauhati 78.34 percent, it said.
Voting in Assam was held on April 7, 14 and 24.
The EVMs were kept under tight security for May 16, the date of counting, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand