A record 85 percent voted Tripura
Agartala: A staggering 85 percent of the electorate voted in Tripura in the two-phase Lok Sabha election, officials said Sunday.
This is the highest voter turnout in any state so far in the ongoing parliamentary election.
In 2009, the voter turnout was 84.45 percent and 67.39 percent in 2004 in Tripura, which is ruled by the Left Front led by the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M).
Nagaland recorded 82 percent polling for its only Lok Sabha seat last week.
Over 86 percent of the 1.2 million electorate voted in the West Tripura constituency and 84 percent of the 1.13 million electorate in East Tripura, state Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal told IANS.
Tripura created electoral history in the 2013 assembly polls when a record 93.57 percent ballots were cast. The state recorded 92 percent polling in the 2008 assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday